Pages

Powered By Blogger

Sunday, March 7, 2010

My Education in the 1970's

I was lucky enough to attend a very progressive school called "Ascham" in Sydney N.S.W. It was and still is very much based around the skills required for the 21st century. It utilises an educational concept called The Dalton Plan.
It is designed to accomodate the individuals needs. I was not good at english and maths so was given "remedial" tuition in groups of approximatly 6 students and was assessed at the end of a 12 month period. At the end of Fourth Form (year 10) all students sat a state exam from the N.S.W. Board of Education and I was graded in the top 10% of the state for maths and top 20% for english.
I wouldn't have achieved these grades without the extra tuition. http://www.ascham.nsw.edu.au/

No comments:

Post a Comment